Coastal Wind & Hail Options

I get numerous phone calls from Grand Strand homeowners who were either told, or who believe they were told, the only way to insure a home in either zone of the Wind Pool from the perils of wind & hail is through the South Carolina Wind & Hail Association (aka Wind Pool). Though sometimes it is necessary, this is usually not the best way to cover your property.

The Wind Pool was formed and is regulated by the South Carolina State Legislature. It is intended to be used as a "last resort" measure. Most of the standard carriers do not include wind but there are usually several different options from both admitted and non-admitted carriers for your coastal home. To learn more about how the SC Wind Pool operates, visit or call (843) 651-9750 and talk to a Southern Coast Insurance Group agent today.